St. Valentin is a forest restaurant situated near Guenterstal - MAP (Adobe PDF).
A fantastic place to end a summer walk in the forest and a warm enviting place to escape the winter cold.
We had a Christmas office party at St. Valentin and the service was excellent, even the mulled wine reception around a roaring fire at the entrance was an amazing spectacle, especially since it had just got dark and the snow had started to fall... magical.
The food menu is also great, take a special note of the Wildkarte (wild animal menu) in autumn and winter, especially the venison.
My only gripe is that it is not possible to park directly in front of the restaurant and you have to take a walk up a hill from the car park, a few hundred metres. In Winter this can be a little dark as there are no lampposts lighting your way.
Great service throughout.
Including the outdoor seating area, 150 people can be seated at any one time.
Food served until 22:00 and service until midnight daily. Evening meal menu available from 18:00.
To get there, from the A5 autobahn:
- Take the exit "Freiburg Mitte"
- Head straight on towards and into the city centre (Stadtmitte)
- At the second traffic lights take a right into Günterstalstrasse (The Johanneskirche - Church with two towers is on your right hand side)
- Keep going straight on towards Günterstal
- Go straight through Günterstal, when you get there!
- As you get out of Günterstal, about 50m before the end-of-Günterstal sign, turn left and follow the signs to St. Valentin
- Follow these signs for around 2.5km
- At the car park (St. Valentin Parkplatz), you have to leave your car there and continue to walk on foot up the hill until you get to the restaurant, bearing to the right.
Valentinstr. 100, 79104 Freiburg
Tel: 07 61 - 388 41 31
Fax: 07 61 - 388 41 33